Brother Printer Won’t Feed Paper? Resolve the Issue Instantly!
Brother printers come in the category of high-quality printers that allow people to print different kinds of documents. But like any piece of technology, they require frequent maintenance for operating properly. The maintenance is mainly based on the frequency of machine usage, the number of papers that get printed regularly, and the like.
Many printer owners complain that Brother printer won’t feed paper. This paper feed problem arises while the user is using the device. This issue should be addressed immediately if you want to benefit from a well-functioning Brother printer. In this article, you’ll find all the reasons for this problem and troubleshooting steps to get rid of it.
Why Brother Printer Won’t Feed Paper
It’s important to know why your printing device fails to feed paper. After that, you can follow the troubleshooting measures accordingly. The causes include the following:
- The photo bypass tray is positioned incorrectly.
- There are no papers in the printer. It may also be that you haven’t loaded the paper in the right manner.
- There is paper jammed in your Brother printer.
- There is paper dust in the pick-up rollers.
- The improperly inserted paper tray also results in the Brother printer paper problem.
Different Ways to Fix the Brother Printer Won’t Feed Paper Problem.
There are a variety of methods that you can implement to get rid of this problem. Try out the effective fixes given below to benefit from a properly functioning Brother printer.
Fix the faulty position of the photo bypass tray
It is one of the most prevalent causes for this issue. To troubleshoot this problem, you need to modify the bypass tray’s position when you are printing. If you don’t change the position of the tray, you’ll likely face this paper feed issue. So, inspect the tray’s position and change it to fix the issue.
Reload the paper correctly.
As mentioned earlier, if your printer has run out of paper, or you have not loaded the paper correctly, you will complain of the Brother printer paper feed problem. Follow the steps mentioned to fix the problem.
- Take away all the paper that you have loaded into your printer’s paper tray. Now, reload the paper carefully.
- Refill your printer’s paper tray with full attention.
- Now, hit ‘OK.’ It is likely that you won’t face any paper feed problem with your printer after implementing this process.
Fix the paper jam issue
When paper jamming occurs, then you’ll find the Brother printer paper feed not working. To solve it, take away the paper very cautiously. Go through the guidelines that are in the user manual. Follow these steps.
- Unplug your printer from the socket.
- Then remove the paper tray carefully.
- Take a soft and moist cloth. Using it, clean the front part of the roller. Clean it in a side-by-side motion.
- Next, clean the roller using a dry cloth. After you clean it, check that there’s no moisture.
- Lift the Jam Clear flap and then wipe the back part of the roller. For cleaning, use a soft and moist cloth.
- Place the tray back into your printing device very carefully.
- After doing it, connect the power supply again.
Clean the paper pick-up rollers
There might be dust accumulated on your paper pick-up rollers. It might also cause you to experience the Brother printer paper problem. Go through these steps to clean the rollers.
- The first step is to wipe the paper dust.
- Take away the power supply of your Brother printer.
- After you have unplugged the power cable, take the printer’s paper tray out of it.
- At your printer’s back, locate the Jam Clear cover.
- Now, take a soft and damp cloth. Gently clean your pick-up rollers with this cloth.
- For cleaning the roller properly, keep turning it while you are wiping it.
- For taking away the moisture from the roller, take a soft cloth and wipe it.
- Now, properly close the Jam Clear cover.
- Put the tray into its position and turn on your printing device. If you find any problem in conducting this process yourself, connect with expert Brother printer support.
Insert the paper tray properly
If the paper tray is inserted incorrectly, it will definitely give rise to paper feed problems. Follow these steps.
- Take out the paper tray carefully.
- Then reinstall it and inspect that it’s firmly locked at its position.
- After that, press ‘OK.’
Now, whenever you’ll find that your Brother printer won’t feed paper, you can easily implement these techniques. Fix the faulty position of the photo bypass tray and reload the paper correctly. You should also look into the paper jam issue whenever you find a paper feed problem. If these measures don’t work, then it’s never too late to seek expert technical support.