Brother printer not printing? You’ve come to the right place. Today, in this blog, we will discuss the various causes that can cause your Brother printer to not print. Not only that, here you will find out all the troubleshooting steps you’ve been looking for to fix your Brother printer issues. You can also refer to this guide if your Brother printer is not printing black or color prints and then work on its fix by following the solutions.
First Verify If Your Printer Is Turned On or Not
The first step, whenever you face any issue with your Printer is to verify if your printer is switched on or not. A lot of times, you forget to turn on the machine and think there’s something wrong with it. Here’s how you can check if your printer is on:
- Check the LED light on your printer machine. If they are lighting properly as usual, then the Printer is in working condition and switched on.
- Also, you will see the status of your Printer as ON on the screen of your Brother printer.
- If there’s some error with the printer, you will see the error light blinking.
- If you have switched on the printer and still not seeing any LED lights, then check the power source to which your printer is connected. You can try plugging your printer into another switchboard and see if it works.
Troubleshooting Steps For Brother Printer Offline Issue
If your brother printer is showing offline and you are not able to print from it, then it must be set to the offline mode which you need to correct by following the steps below:
- Hit the Start button or icon on your screen and then search for Settings.
- Open Settings and then select the Devices option.
- Now select the Printer and Scanners option and choose the Brother printer you want to fix.
- Right-click on your Brother Printer and click on the “see what’s printing” option from the list.
- Click on Printer from the top left corner and then find the Use Printer Offline option under the dropdown menu.
- You need to deselect the “Use Printer Offline” if it is enabled.
Once, you are done with these steps, try printing something from your Printer and see if the issue is resolved or not.
Brother Printer Won’t Print | What To Do?
Sometimes, you can face issues with printing when your Brother printer is not set to the correct port. To check and correct this, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings of your Windows PC and then go to Devices.
- Get into the Printer and Scanners option and then select Devices and Printers.
- Find and select the Brother Printer in which you are facing this error and then right-click on it.
- Click on the Properties option from the list and under the General section choose Change Properties.
- Now, click on Ports and select the port with your printer name.
- At last, to save all these changes hit apply.
Brother Printer Not Printing But Shows The Ready Status
Follow this solution if your Printer is in a ready state but not printing. The problem mostly happens when there are a lot of printing requests in the print queue.
- To check if there are some pending requests in the print queue, you just need to move your mouse’s cursor on the printer icon on your screen. There you will see the status of your Brother printer and find out if there are any print requests in the queue.
- If you see any documents in the queue, just right-click on it and click cancel. Do this to cancel all the pending requests.
- Also, check the status of your Printer. You Printer must be online to be able to print. If you see the Brother Printer Offline status, then you need to right-click on the printer icon and uncheck “Use Printer Offline”
Reinstall Your Brother Printer To Make It Work Fine
In case you can’t fix your Brother Printer and bring it in a working condition after trying all the above solutions, then the last option left is to reinstall the printer on your Windows. You can take the help of the steps below to reinstall your Brother printer.
Start With Removing Printer From Your Device
- Hit the Start icon on the left corner of your computer screen.
- Search for the Control Panel and then open it.
- Select Device and go to Printer & Scanners option.
- Now click on the Brother printer you want to remove.
- Select Remove Device to finish the task.
Let’s Install It Once Again
- Click on the Start icon from your screen and select the gear icon of Settings.
- Select Devices, then Printers and Scanners.
- Click on the “Add a Printer or Scanner” option under the Printers and Scanners section.
- Wait as your device is searching for the nearby printer and then when your Brother printer shows up in the list, click on it.
- Select Add Device and you are all set.
Brother Printer Won’t Print Black
If your Brother Printer is not printing black, then there can be many causes behind it. To work on the issue, you should first find the exact cause of the problem. Given below are some of the common reasons that can cause your printer to not print black.
Causes Of Brother Printer Not Printing Black
- You are using low-quality ink cartridges instead of Brother Ink Cartridge
- The cartridges are not installed properly.
- You have installed a new cartridge but forget to remove the tape from it.
- You don’t use your printer often
Solution For Brother Printer Won’t Print Black Issue
- Use High-Quality Branded Cartridges To Avoid Printing Issues: if you’ll use low-quality generic cartridges then there are chances it will stop working after a while. You should ensure that the cartridges are branded and use the chemical formula that doesn’t clog the print nozzle. We recommend you to use the Brother Printer cartridge to avoid any issues.
- Place Your Printer Machine In a Normal Room Temperature and Away From Warm Places: you can experience issues with printing if your Brother printer is placed in a warm position like where there is direct sunlight etc. there are good chances of ink congealing inside the printhead when it is placed in a warm place.
- Not using a Printer often also causes its print nozzles to block or dry out. So, you must use the printer on a regular basis to avoid any such issues.
After ensuring all the above steps, you will get your Brother Printer to print in black color. However, if the issue persists, you are required to contact Brother Printer Support for further assistance.
Brother Printer Not Printing In Colors | What You Should Do?
There are two possible reasons that can cause your printer to not print in color. First, that your ink cartridges are not properly installed and second the print head needs cleaning. Below we have mentioned how you can deal with both of these cases to make your Brother Printer print in color.
1.Reset the Ink Cartridges
- Take out the paper output cover and then push the cartridge lock lever.
- Close the paper output cover as before and check if the issue is resolved or not.
If doing this doesn’t resolve your issue, we suggest you re-install the ink cartridges once again by removing the current ones. Also, check if the color inks are not dried out.
2.Clean The Printhead Of Your Printer
- Click on the Ink Indicator or Ink option and select Test Print.
- Now click on the Print Quality option and then hit the “Color Start” button.
- Take out the print out and check it closely. You should see the colors, Black, Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta from the left to right.
- Now your printer will prompt you to verify if the print quality was fine, where you need to select No.
- When the printer prompts you to start the printhead cleaning, press the Color Start button on your printer. This will start the process of print head cleaning.
- You need to press the “Color Start” option once again after the printhead cleaning is finished.
- The printer will send another Print Test sheet.
- If you see any difference, then you are done with the steps here otherwise, you can clean the printhead once again using the above-mentioned procedure.
- After attempting the printhead cleaning procedure at least twice, you will definitely see improvement in the printing quality.
- You can then click on the Stop or exit option to finish the procedure.
We hope after following the above troubleshoots, you are now able to print properly from your Brother printer. In case you are still experiencing any sort of error, feel free to give us a call and let our skilled brother printer support experts resolve all your issues.