How To Fix the issue of Brother Printer driver is unavailable
Sometimes, you may face Driver is unavailable error in Windows, and your printer will stop working. You need to fix this issue instantly. So, if you are looking for a solution then you have come to the right place. This annoying problem is normally caused by an inappropriate or corrupt brother printer driver. The resolution method is pretty easy to fix. Go through these suggested steps and find a solution to your problem. In case you meet with any difficulty, contact Brother Printer Support to talk to the technicians. They will suggest you the best solution for your problem.
Give a Try to these fixes
- Uninstalling the Printer
- Reinstalling Latest drivers manually
Uninstalling the Printer
There are normally two main solutions that you can use to fix the error ‘Printer driver is unavailable’. When you uninstall the printer with all the related software and then try to connect it, this will, in turn, install the default drivers.
- Hit Windows + R on your keyboard, write “control” in the dialogue box and after that, tap on “Enter”. In the control panel, confirm that the option “View by Large icons” is opted. Now click on the “Devices and Printers” option.
- There all the printers are listed. Right-click on the printer that is causing the problem and choose the “Remove device” option.
- After that, hit Windows + R again and write “devmgmt.msc”. Go to the category “Print queues”, right-click the printer and choose the “Uninstall device” option. This may be absent after you eliminate your printer from the control panel. So, don’t worry about it if you don’t have it.
- Now hit Windows + R on your keyboard, write “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box that appears and press Enter. There all the applications will be displayed. Right-click on your printer application and choose the “Uninstall” option.
- After accomplishing all the above steps, detach your printer from your computer if it is connected by a USB connection or detach it from the router if it is wireless. Turnoff your computer, printer, and your router. Take out the power supply of all of them.
- Wait for around 10 minutes, after that, plug everything back and begin all the modules. Fix the printer with your computer using a USB cable initially. Wait for the recognition and let it install the obligatory drivers.
- Go back to the control panel, right-click on the device and choose the “Set as default printer” option. After that, try to print a test page and test if the problem is solved.
Still, your problem is not solved, contact Brother Support. Experts will help you out in your issue and offer you the solution to your problem.
Reinstalling Newest drivers manually
If the above fix doesn’t work for you, update the printer drivers manually. There is also a certain case where the printer is working faultlessly but due to a Windows update, it gets smashed. The upgraded drivers from Windows might be challenging and may not work for all the systems. One way to fix this issue is to update the desired driver manually by downloading it and then deactivating Windows update from upgrading the driver.
Before you continue, ensure that you go to the manufacturer’s website and download the desired drivers meant for your hardware to an available location.
- Hit Windows + R on your keyboard to launch the Run.Write “devmgmt.msc” in the dialogue box and press Enter. This will redirect to your computer’s device manager.
- Go through all the hardware, go to the sub-menu “Print queues”, right click on the printer hardware and choose the option “Update driver”.
- Next, Windows will pop a dialogue box prompting you which way do you need to upgrade your driver. Go for the second option i.e., Browse my computer for driver software and after that, proceed further.
- Choose the driver file that you have downloaded accessing the browse button when it pops up and upgrade it accordingly.
- In some cases, the printer may not be seen in the device manager. In that case, run the installer and the driver will be fixed automatically.
- Examine if the printer is working suitably at this point or not. If it is, go to the official Microsoft website and go for download the package “wushowhide.diagcab”.
- Execute the package and click on the “Next” option.
- Select the option Hide updates from the option available.
- Choose the printer update and continue. Windows update will not automatically update the drivers till you agree it to do.
Get the Support from our experts
Dial Brother Printer Support Phone Number to get assistance from our experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Install A Driver For My Brother Printer?
Check out the steps and implement carefully:
- Make sure, you have downloaded the genuine drivers for your Brother printer.
- Right-click the downloaded ZIP-file.
- Now, you should click on the ‘Extract All Files’ option.
- Right-click the setup.exe to install the exe file.
- Click on the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Follow the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation.
- Once done, you should give a restart the computer system.
Take advice from the professionals, if anything wrong.
How Do I Download Printer Drivers?
To download the genuine Brother Printer drivers and software from the reliable source, you should visit the manufacturer’s website. After reaching out there, you will have to go to the ‘Printer’ section where you need to click the drivers. Now, you will have to enter the model number of the printer that you are making use of. Make sure, your printer drivers that you are going to download are fully compatible with the computer system. Once you download the printer drivers, you can start using the printer in a flawless manner.
How Do I Connect My Brother Printer To My Computer?
- Place your Brother printer nearby your computer system.
- Turn your Brother Printer on.
- Connect your printer to your computer system using a USB cable.
- Open the ‘Start’ option and then click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Go to the ‘Devices’ option and then click on the ‘Printers & Scanners’ option.
- After that, you should click on the ‘Add a printer or scanner’ option.
- Here, you will come across the directions appearing on your screen.
- Follow them carefully and you will be able to connect your Brother printer to your computer.
How Do I Update My Brother Printer Driver?
First of all, you should go to ‘Control Panel’ by opening the ‘Start’ menu on your computer system. Hereafter, you should look and click on the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option and then go to the ‘Device Manager’ option. Here, you will come across the available machine and then look for the ‘Printers’ drop-down menu. After that, you should right-click the printer and then click on the ‘Update driver’ option. Doing so will surely update your Brother Printer driver that you can easily add to your printer.
How Can I Install A Printer Without The CD?
On your very first step, you will have to open the ‘Start’ menu by pressing the ‘Windows’ button. In start menu, you should open the ‘Control Panel’ option. Here, you will have to click the ‘Devices and Printers’ option. Here, you need to click the ‘Add a Printer’ option and then you should select the option stating ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer’. Here, you need to select your printer and then click on the ‘Next’ option. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the driver as per the compatibility of the Windows operating system.
How Do I Connect My Printer Via WIFI?
- For the printer connection via Wi-Fi, you should follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First off, you need to click the ‘Start’ button to open the ‘Start’ menu.
- Here, you need to find out and click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Search for the ‘Add a printer’ option, just click on it.
- Click the ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer’ in the ‘Add Printer Wizard’ option.
- Select your printer from the list and then click the ‘Next’ option.
Can I Use A Wireless Printer Without A Router?
Of course, you can easily set up wireless printer without making use of the router. For that, you should connect the wireless printer to your computer system using the USB cable. Once done with the connection, you will have to install the printer drivers and software. You can easily connect your printer and start working on it without any kind of hassle. Moreover, if you are facing any troubles regarding the same, you should get the detailed instructions from the experts.
How Do I Make My Printer Driver Available?
- Go to the Control Panel of your computer system.
- Now, you need to click on the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option.
- Here, you will have to click on the ‘Printers’ option.
- Right-click the printer and then choose the option says ‘Run as administrator’
- Now, you will have to click on the ‘Properties’ option.
- After that, you need to go to the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Navigate to the New Driver tab and then follow the on-screen instructions.
In case of any troubles, you should take help from the experts at anytime.
How Do I Update My Printer Driver?
Have a look at the mentioned-below process:
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu by pressing the Windows button on your computer system.
- Go to ‘Control Panel’ from the start menu and the find the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option.
- Click on it and then navigate to the ‘Device Manager’ option.
- Here, you will be able to see the printers available on your PC.
- Now, you should right-click the printer and then click on the ‘Update driver’ option.
You can also take help from the professionals if you are confronting any troubles regarding the same.