Here are some quick tips to resolve the Brother Printer Driver is Unavailable problem.
- Uninstall the printer.
- Reinstall the Brother printer drivers from the Brother support website.
- Update the PC operating system.
- Run the printer troubleshooter.
Wondering how to do it! Scroll down to get the complete overview on troubleshooting steps to resolve the Driver is Unavailable problem.
Brother printer drivers work as a translator between the computer and the Brother machine. With that, whatever command you send through your PC will be understood by the printer, however, this communication gets interrupted when the driver is corrupted, missing, or not updated as per the recent version. What’s more creepy is the Brother Printer Driver is Unavailableproblem appears when it’s there in your computer. Here are the steps that are worth giving a try.
Try these steps to fix Brother Printer Driver is Unavailable error
Here is what you need to do to fix the problem. Make sure to follow the instructions in their given order.
Step 1. Uninstall the Brother printer! Don’t worry, we will reinstall it later
Uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver works really well to fix the Driver is Unavailable problem in your Brother printer.
- First of all, open the Run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- The control panel window opens, select the View by Large icons, and choose the Devices and Printers option.
- Right-click on your Brother printer and click Remove to primarily remove the printer.
- Now open the Run dialogue box (Windows + R keys), type devmgmt.msc, and hit Enter.
- The Device management widows appear, right-click on Brother printer icon, click Print queues and click Uninstall device.
(Note: For some users, the “Uninstall device” option might have disappeared. Jump over to the next instruction, if that’s the case with you as well.)
Now as the device has been successfully uninstalled, it’s time to remove the Brother printer application.
- Open the Windows + R keys, type appwiz.apl, and hit Enter.
- You will see a list of applications present on your computer, locate the Brother printer file, right-click over it and select Uninstall.
Once you have taken all these steps, disconnect the cables and remove the wires…
- Remove the printing environment like disconnect the USB cables from your printer and computer.
- Ensure the network router is not connected to your printer in any way (wired or wireless).
- Turn off all devices (printer, router, and computer) and remove the power supply.
- After 5 minutes, reconnect the cables back to their place and ensure not to use any frayed or worn wire. Also, make sure to connect the computer to the printer using a USB cable only.
- Once your PC recognizes the Brother printer, go to the Control Panel, right-click on Brother printer and choose Set as default.
- Print a test page to be assured of the proper network connectivity.
Step 2. Manually reinstall the latest Brother printer drivers
Brother printer is very particular about offering the latest drivers to enhance the user experience. It helps you match the recent Windows update as well as resolve the Brother printer driver is unavailable problem. Here is how to do it.
- Open the Run dialogue box, type devmgmt.msc, and hit Enter. It will open the Device Management screen.
- Open the Hardware section, click Print Queues, right-click on your Brother printer icon and click Update Driver.
- Choose the option Browse my computer for driver software and hit Ok to confirm.
- You will be receiving a driver installer file in the download folder. Double-click over it, and let the installer run to get the recent release patch.
- If you are not able to see the Brother printer installer files in the device manager, then you will need to run the installer to fix the problem.
- If you feel an error is encountered at Microsoft’s end, then visit the official Microsoft website and download the file wushowhide.diagcab.
- Choose the hide option if prompted during the execution.
- Now you should choose to update the printer and click Continue to proceed.
Step 3. Update the Windows OS if the manual update didn’t fix Driver is Unavailable problem!
Having the recent Windows OS on your computer can help you tackle the Unavailable Driver problem. Here are the steps that you should take.
Instructions for Windows 10 users
- Open the Search box, type Update, and click Check for updates on the search results.
- After that, Windows will start looking for available updates.
- Once done, you may verify if the problem has been resolved or not.
Instructions for Windows 7 users
- Click the Start icon, click the Search bar, and type Update.
- From the search results, select Check for Updates.
- Windows Update screen will open, click the Install Updates button.
- Wait for some time, and restart the Windows once the installation finishes.
Step 4. Get an in-built Printer Troubleshooter to work
A printer troubleshooter is an in-built tool in Windows OS that serves the purpose of fixing the Brother printer driver is unavailable problem or alike. Here are the quick steps.
- Open the Run window, type Control Panel, and hit Enter.
- Locate the option Troubleshooting, click over it.
- Click View All option.
- Of all the available options in Troubleshoot computer problem, select Printer and click Next on the follow-up screen.
- Now the Printer Troubleshooterwill start scanning to find the potential printer problems.
- You may now follow the on-screen instructions to fix the printer problems.
“Still, the Driver is an Unavailable error popping up! Call the Brother printer experts”
We have got a 100% success rate in fixing Brother Printer Driver is Unavailable error using the above methods. However, the users do not follow the complete procedure while attempting to fix the error, hence they frequently come across this issue. If you need any sort of assistance then you should immediately contact our brother printer support technicians to get the problem eliminated. We are available 24/7 just o provide you the prompt Brother printer support.